Hi hi! *waves mitten-covered hand* This is Baby Matilda, guest-blogging on Mommy’s blog!
It’s been a while since Mommy last updated this site. It’s all my fault! I’ve been keeping her busy round-the-clock with 3-hourly milk feeds and endless diaper changes. Oh, and the 4am night feeds are super exhausting! She’s starting to develop eyebags, that’s why her face is cropped out in the above pic!
She’s also had to turn down quite a number of media events, cos there’s no one to babysit me. But the launch of Sweet Charity Month was something she couldn’t miss! And the organizers very kindly let me tag along! Whee!!
What’s this Sweet Charity Month thingy? For the month of October 2011, if you go to these restaurants and order their special “Sweet Charity” desserts, S$5 from each dessert will go to the NUH Kids’ Heart Fund. The Fund subsidizes surgery costs for treating financially needy children with congenital heart disease.
Here’s the list of participating restaurants and their Sweet Charity desserts:
- Cocotte: Traditional Basque Cake
- The Dining Room at Tanjong Beach Club: (1) Honey & Tea Parfait; and (2) Hot Cinnamon Sugar Donuts with Warm Nutella Fondue
- The Disgruntled Chef: Sticky Toffee Pudding with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Epicurious: Red Velvet Chocolate Cake
- Gattopardo: Strawberry Romanoff
- Loof: The Gummiberry Cocktail
- OverEasy: Donut Balls with Warm Chocolate Fondue
- PS. Cafe @ A.S.H.: Toffee Nutty Carrot Cake
- PS. Cafe @ Harding: Chocolate Chip Carrot Cake
- PS. Cafe @ Palais: Orangey Carrot Cake
- PS. Cafe @ Paragon: Blueberry Carrot Cake
- Torte: Banana Chocolate Torte Muffins
- The White Rabbit: Crêpes Suzette flambéed with Grand Marnier
For purchase of whole creations, 70% of proceeds will go to the NUH Kids’ Heart Fund. Available items are PS.Cafe’s signature creation whole carrot cakes, Cocotte’s Basque Cake, Epicurious’ Red Velvet Chocolate Cake and Torte’s Banana Chocolate Torte Muffins (box of eight, takeaway only).
For updates, go to Sweet Charity’s FaceBook page.
Congenital heart disease (CHD) is a critical illness that often requires repeated high-risk operations. Treatment is not only emotionally draining, but a huge financial burden on patients and their families too. Let’s all do our part to help them out! And we can do so by indulging in delectable desserts at the same time. Such sweet satisfaction! Whee!!