There’s an increasing number of F&B outlets serving all-day breakfast daily, and Food For Thought (Queen Street) is one of them. They’re usually full-house on Sundays (no reservations, walk-in only on Sundays), so we were very lucky indeed to get a table upon arrival.
Hubby had the Full Works. Comments on each component of the dish as follows (clockwise from eggs):
- Scrambled eggs: Sufficiently light and subtly creamy, but not as fluffy or velvety as Spruce’s.
- Toasted brioche: Texture is too cake-like. Tasted more like a dry pound cake rather than brioche.
- Roasted tomato: Tasted more like fresh rather than roasted tomato. But we ain’t complaining. Makes a refreshing side to the other components.
- Bacon: Thin and very crispy. I liked it. Hubby didn’t.
- Chunky chicken sausage: The sausage was cut into chunks and then deep-fried. This made the sausage chunks crisp on the exterior, but juiciness was thus compromised.
- Hash brown: Their “hash brown” is actually pommes noisettes, which are deep-fried bite-sized balls of mashed potato with crisp shell. Nice!
- Garlic mushrooms: A bit too garlicky and peppery for our liking. Portion was generous.
Hits and misses here and there, but overall, it was a hearty and reasonably-priced breakfast. Kudos to the warm and efficient staff, and their “no service charge” policy, which made us even more inclined to leave a tip.
Prices not inclusive of 7% GST. Breakfast menu available from 9am to 5.30pm.
Food For Thought
8 Queen Street
Tel: +65 6338 9887
Mon – Sat: 9am – 10pm (Last orders 8.50pm)
Sun: 9am – 9pm (Last orders 7.30pm)